Friends News & Events

 

Friends' meeting minutes, 18-04-2018

19 Apr 2018

Attendees:   Sharon Robinson (sec), Ann Watt (Tres), Gemma Pawson.
 
No Apologies received
 
Vacant Seat:  
 
Danita Stoodley has stepped down as Chair for Friends, we will look to recruit a new Chair person in September. Many thanks for all her help over the years and the past two as Chair. She will be greatly missed.
 
Bunny Bingo Review: 
 
Night went well picked up some extra people on the night looking at possible £80.00. Next time look at pushing Oak and Palm class, Y5&6 not much interest in attending. Maybe look at incentives for this year group? more egg squares sold too.
 
Donuts: 
Tori can no longer help with buying them, Candice has mentioned that she can help SR will ask her. (SR asked if she could help with this Friday, SR can do next).
Ann suggested that buyer of donuts keep receipts till end of month to submit for pay out. Help to balance books. Will look to do ice creams 11th May. 
 
May Pole Dancing Friday 11th May:
 
There will be no May/Summer Fair this Year, so we are doing May Pole Dancing on this night. Can friends do refreshments ? Yes we can. If Weather bad move to following Friday. This will be in school time and replace normal celebration assembly. Looking at holding a Tombolar too.
 
Questionnaire: 
 
Ann will do a Questionnaire to go around parents to get feed back and ideas regarding friends, eg meeting times , help availability, would parents like to make donation rather then attend / as well as attend events (depending on event), month, Quart, yearly , etc. What do people think or know about friends, new fundraising ideas too? Could Grandparents help out….!
 
Job list: 
 
It was agreed that for future events we should have a designated jobs list to give each helper a role.
 
Sports Day:
 
Friends to do the usual refreshments and Cakes, it will be am or pm. If we get a PM looking at doing BBQ and games event.
Will start end of term Raffle too.
Looking to do a BBQ hamper, will ask High Side for meat voucher and ask for BBQ based items which we will put on a list and ask Y6 to get names for items.
Also ask Queens, Galphay G&T’s , Brymore, for prizes, make up a kids hamper.
Tickets to go out 18th June, send out 4 packs per child £1.00  TICKET £5.00 A BOOK. Ann will organise the tickets.
Need to ask Izzy Hallett to organise email near time of sending home and to put on Web Site. Need to be in last day of term as thats when it will be drawn. If Wet date will be moved.
 
Reading Ambassadors: 
 
Looking to do a book fair with the help of Ripon Book shop date to be confirmed, can Friends help with refreshments on the afternoon, Book shop available too. Two - Three helpers need to man Drinks station , Cake donations needed, Will get Issy to advertise with Email etc go on news letter, wrist Bands.
 
Apps for Ipads: 
 
School need to apply for credit card but need counties auth before this can be done. Once done can look at funding Apps for iPads or use the funding applied for. 
 
Lego Brick Time: 
 
Great Therapy for Children and a Friend of Ann’s runs sessions. Ann has offered to run a curry event to help raise funding for this to take place in school, GP & SR both agree this is a great Idea and fully support it. Could be ran as a pop up restaurant or take out event. Ann has done this as a Pre school fund raiser. 
 
 
NEXT MEETING  23rd MAY 2018 9.00 STAFF ROOM  AGENDA : SPORTS DAY, FUNDING MUSIC INSTRUMENTS, BOOK SHOP AND ANY OTHER BUSINESS. 
 
Go to the page-top

Please wait


Copyright © 2018  Kirkby Malzeard C of E Primary School    Website Terms & Conditions
Translate this page:
179


Selct an hour and a minute and then click on Set Time

Selected Time:  _:_

Hours
Minutes
 
Set Time