Friends News & Events

 

Friends' meeting minutes, 22-03-2018

19 Apr 2018

Bunny Bingo Prep and other business 

Attendees: 
   
Ann Watt (Tres), Sharon Robinson (Sec), Candice Burgess, Mary Jones, Gemma Pawson, Jane Aksut, Mrs Peacock, Mrs Wolfe.
Apologies:

Danita Stoodley
Bunny Bingo:  28/03/18  5.00-7.00
 
To date ticket sales are slow, Margy is logging tickets bought. Governors meeting will be on that night too.
Staff on site, Mr Rutter, Mrs Cooper (attending).
Food: Sandwiches, Cakes and crisps, Tea, coffee and juice. Check with Margy Re allergies bookings. Tea, coffee and milk needed. Will use school plates and cups (speak with Tracey Wilcox).
Number board needed, Caller needed Rob Watt? Ann will ask, plan B Kevin Guy if they are attending, Plan C Sharon !! Help on night Mary, Jane, Sharon, and Ann.
Set up 4.15.
Danita has bingo machine.
Ann to get prize eggs, Sharon to get line eggs. 
Sell egg squares on the night.
Egg decorating comp:
Y6 girls to help collect money (have done a great job to date selling the egg squares). £1.00 entry
Juges Piper and Tracey Wilcox.
Friends Web page: 
Jane A to write a blog that we are an open group not a click as currently seen. We need more parent helpers, Website needs to be pushed and advertised as we are using this now to inform parents. Need to push web site more and make people aware of whats going on they can also get in touch with friends on our page. Or speak with Margy if in doubt.
Sharon has sat with Issy Hallett for training on the page, Ann and Candice to do the same.
Questionnaire:
Ann suggested sending out a questionnaire to help get input from parents so we can gage perceptions and get ideas, we need to tap into more helpers, very urgently needed cant depend  on same people all the time.
There will be a leaving assembly for Vicar Caroline Faulkingham this will be 17th April. Mrs Harris will get the children to sing songs Caroline likes, cards and gift to be organised by school.
Bags to school: need to look at getting dates set.
TDY: theres to be a raffle for the Air Ambulance the village are doing a Raffle Ann is looking into ways we can help if needed. Leaflet going around theVillage, paint bikes and T shirt decorating comp possibly to run in school.
Gin Night:
Yorkshire Vintners have got back and advised that there costs will be £200.00, SR needs to look at costing to make sure they are paid and school makes money.
Other options to speak to other Gin companies to see their pricing etc.
AGM: 
We will look to hold an AGM in September.
MEMO Bracelets:
Candice advised of a memo system she used in her school of putting a bracelet around pupils wrists to advise of events, we will use for the Egg comp. Good idea.
Library update: 
At last the children who have consented have had their finger prints taken for the Library.
Y6 have been trained to zap books out.
Launch date yet to be set.
Book sale to be held for the old books from the Library, any left over SR will take to charity shops.
Donuts:
Sales ok to date but we need more helpers !!!! Candice suggested that we try and get parents when buying donuts to commit to helping one Friday. 
Next meeting 18th April
 
Go to the page-top

Please wait


Copyright © 2018  Kirkby Malzeard C of E Primary School    Website Terms & Conditions
Translate this page:
197


Selct an hour and a minute and then click on Set Time

Selected Time:  _:_

Hours
Minutes
 
Set Time